Portuguese cork billet belt 1 1/4" bridle leather with cork overlay down the center, a signature keeper, riveted billet ends and a solid brass buckle.
TORY HAS ADDED CORK AS A MATERIAL TO WORK WITH BECAUSE IT SHARES MANY OF THE VALUES OF QUALITY LEATHER
• Each piece is beautifully unique
• The harvesting process is manually intensive and depends greatly on the skill of the people completing it
• It is environmentally friendly
• It is a renewable resource
• Cork is surprisingly durable
• It is scratch, stain and water resistant
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT CORK?
It is the outer bark of the Evergreen Oak Tree (Cork Oak) and after the bark is stripped away by an experienced cork stripper, the tree will regenerate its outer bark. A single Oak Cork can have its bark harvested a dozen or more times in a normal 150 - 200 year life. The process has been shown to improve the life of the tree and the proper harvesting is credited with preventing land degradation and employing 100,000 people. The largest of the world’s Cork Oak Forests are located in Spain and Portugal and although cork’s primary application is in the wine industry it has experienced growth in the fashion and home furnishing industries.